Report to: Company Directors
Drives taxicab to transport customers for fee by performing the following duties:
- Communicate with dispatchers by telephone and other means available in order to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Record trip information such as time and place of pickup and drop-off, and total fee.
- Pick-up customers at prearranged locations as requested in a timely manner.
- Provide customers with information about the local area and points of interest, and/or give advice on hotels and restaurants.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
- Adhere to regulations governing taxi operation and ensure that passengers abide by safety regulations.
- Test vehicle equipment such as lights, brakes, horns, and windshield wipers, in order to ensure proper operation.
- Notify dispatchers or company mechanics of vehicle problems.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Communicates well both in writing and verbally
- Methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure
- Uses own initiative and can work independently
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment